Hello!!!! I feel like August just flew past! Do you? But August was, well, pretty unlucky for us.
First off, my brother had a poison ivy rash from head to toe. Then, we found a bullseye rash on his arm, and he was at the doctor three times. All this happened about two weeks ago.
Then, two weeks ago,Tuesday, August 26, my sister was scootering down the hill, and a car went past, and scared her. She tried to stop, but fell, and rammed her left arm into the ground and broke it. Daddy took her to Med Express, and they put it in a splint and a sling, and yesterday, she went to a specialist, and got a plaster cast.
On last Saturday, the baby..... did something, and no one knows what happened, but there's a huge gash in her tongue. Or was. It's almost better now.
Now, the climax. Monday morning, Daddy took me in to do blood work. Since we were in town anyway, we stopped at the library to pick up a DVD (Anne of Green Gables) that we had ordered. But. The DVD would not start. We tried for 30 minutes to get it to start, on the computer, the laptop, everywhere. Fine, I thought. I'll just make soft pretzels instead.
But this makes really small batches, so I made four batches, and that filled two cookie sheets. Anyway, I had about two pretzels left to shape, when I knocked a cup off the counter, and it shattered. I decided that I would quickly finish my pan of pretzels, and then clean it up. Well, you can probably guess what happened. I forgot that I had broken a cup, turned to wash my hands, and stepped into the mess. I cut my heel up pretty bad, and I'm not even going to put in a picture of my heel, because it looks so gross it's unbelievable. One of my friends almost threw up when I showed her the picture. I didn't walk till Wednesday, at least not without the help of my lovely crutches. It's pretty much better by now, but if I walk too much, it starts to hurt again.
Well, wish us luck. I'm just waiting for the house to burn down, or something. Bye!!