About Caitlyn

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Q&A W/ My Grandma ANSWERS

          I'm sorry this is a day late; I completely forgot about it😬           
Katie Miller is the mother of seven children, four girls and three boys, the second youngest of which is my mother. She has twenty-seven grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren, as well. She was born and raised and has remained Amish. Some of the things she enjoys doing are quilting, baking pies, playing board and card games, and talking with her friends. She wants you to guess how old she is😁
Me and Grandma.... Excuse my expression😂🙄








What is your favorite traditional Amish food?
Rivvel soup. The recipe:
Rivvel (rub) one cup of flour and one egg together with your hands to make crumbs. In the meantime, brown 1/4 cup butter in a medium-sized soup-pot. When the butter is browned, pour in one quart of milk, and heat to boiling. Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat, and add your rivvels, stirring with a fork to break up the lumps. Cover immediately, and let set for at least five minutes, until the rivvels are cooked all the way through. Serve with saltine crackers and bread with apple butter. Enjoy. 
(From Caitlyn: I'm lactose intolerant, so this sounds nasty! But if you like milk, you will probably like this.)
What things do you enjoy doing?
Quilting and baking pies.

What is your favorite thing about being Amish?
How the people stand together through thick and thin, and are always there for someone in a time of need. 
What do you like to cook/bake?
Casseroles, pies, and ho-ho cake.
Did you ever play any instruments?
Harmonica
Do you come from a large family?
No, I only have two sisters. But most Amish have large families. 

                 That's it for today! 

                       ~Caitlyn O'Brien

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Ma’am! Super fun photos of the two of you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She says You're Welcome! Haha, I wanted a picture of Grandma, and then Mama said she wants one of both of us. And I hate having pictures taken of me, because I always stand there stiffly, and smile unnaturally. But it makes for good memories :)

      Delete
  2. Soooooo happy!!! :) :) :) Thanks for the smiles! We love your grandma, and we love you! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I take it your grandma isn't Old Order Amish as she's allowing her picture to be taken? I enjoyed reading this, Caitlyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is Old Order, but she agreed to let me put her picture on here. I don't think they're as strict as they used to be.

      Delete

Q&A Post!!

Hello! So,Ellen from  Ellen's Musings   , Caleigh from  Caleigh's Random Thoughts ,  and Lilly from  Lilly's Tidbit   are doing ...