About Caitlyn

Thursday, December 2, 2021

The Gingerbread House Saga

    A long time ago, when I was about three, we went to Wisconsin to visit Grandma and Grandpa. While there, we also went to one of my mom's friend's house. 

    Now, this friend had five children, all of whom were older than my sister and I, and we thought they were all the most amazing people in existence, especially the girls.

    We went to their house several times, and once our visit fell over the time in which we were supposed to be taking naps. So I was put to bed in the girls' bedroom, and my sister was marched off to the guest bedroom as we had a tendency to do things other than take naps if we were in the same bedroom. 

    I lay on my side, staring longingly at the plump, juicy-looking gingerbread house on the night stand. I imagined what process Megan would follow when she went to eat her gingerbread house. 

    "I bet she goes like this-" and I leaned off the bed. "Then like this-" And I hovered my face right above the delicious-looking house. "And then she probably takes a big bite- like this." And I put my mouth right on it and ate a gumdrop. 

    "Then she probably does it again." And I repeated the process four or five times, until I realized that the roof was looking rather bare, and there was no way she was going to miss the fact that someone had been eating her gingerbread house.

    When Mama came in to tell me I could get up, the first thing she noticed, of course, was the gingerbread house, and I was marched downstairs to apologize to Megan.

    I don't really remember anything else, except the fact that she gave me the piece of the roof that I had been gnawing on (I would have done the same thing if I little kid had been drooling on my gingerbread house, but I remember wondering at the time why she was being so generous. Now I know). 

    Anyway, I didn't find it at all embarrassing at the time, but now I cringe every time I think about it lol. 

                                                ***

    In other news, we are planning to go to a cabin with my dad's family for Christmas, and I am extremely excited for that! 

    We just put up our Christmas wreaths and stuff, and I must say, the house looks very festive!

    That's about all I have to say so bye for now!

                                                    ~Caitlyn



Note: I can't figure out how to change the color of the header on my blog, so please excuse the fact that it clashes with the red in the background, and I will try to get it figured out ASAP!

6 comments:

  1. love it! Oh the trouble we get ourselves into! Can't wait to see you at the cabin!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so comical and entertaining to listen to! Such escapades! Much love and happy longings for your sure-to-come Christmas Cabin stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I'm sure y'all will hear about the cabin!

      Delete
  3. Hahahah ๐Ÿ˜‚ So hilarious how you describe it๐Ÿ˜†

    ReplyDelete

Q&A Post!!

Hello! So,Ellen from  Ellen's Musings   , Caleigh from  Caleigh's Random Thoughts ,  and Lilly from  Lilly's Tidbit   are doing ...