About Caitlyn

Monday, May 25, 2020

Your Questions Answered!

     Hi, guys! Guess what we'll be doing today?! *Cue dramatic drumroll*
It's time to answer the questions I received on my last post!! OK, let's get started!

What denomination is your church? Ummm, Anabaptist or Mennonite

What grade are you in? I'll be going into 7th this fall.

Skirts or dresses? Uh, dresses. I always feel like my skirt is going to fall off!

Do you have your own room? Yes. I love my untidy, tiny room, stuck in a corner of the basement! It's lavender, with a hideous yellow dresser (we're going to paint it soon), a lovely corner desk, and a ratty nightstand. Also, I have a white bed that is too small for me, and the softest mattress I ever slept on :) Oh, there's an adjoining bathroom, and since it's in the basement, it has a cement floor, and no windows. 

Did you ever ride a rollercoaster? Yup, and almost lost my lunch. Never again!

Do you play any instruments?  No, but I did play violin for a while, but quit. It just wasn't for me!

Do you have any animals? No, not unless robins count?

What's your favorite color? Lavender. It always has been, and (probably) always will be.

Do you have a hobby? No, not really. Unless book collecting counts!

Do you like birthdays? Absolutely!!

What do you like to do at birthday parties? I like to eat all the delicious things Mama never gets for us :)

What's your favorite animal? Horses!!

What's your favorite blog? Andi Carter's Blog

What's your least favorite post on your blog? My list of 10 random facts. I can't believe I did that!

Why did you start a blog? Because I love to write, and I don't know, it looked like fun.

How long is your hair? A little over halfway to my waist.

What's your favorite outfit? My pajamas!

Do you draw? No.

Do you like to take pictures? Yes.

Do you like to match clothes with others in your family? Yup.

What do you like to do with your family? Watch cartoons (Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, etc.)

As an outdoor activity on a warm summer day, would you rather walk, jog, or swim? Swim!

How many siblings do you have? I have three younger siblings, a brother and two sisters.

What is your current favorite book by Susan Marlow?  Tales from Memory Creek Ranch

Do you enjoy listening to music? Not really. I'd rather listen to a story.

Who're two of your all time favorite authors? Louisa May Alcott, and Susan K. Marlow.

If you left the country today, where would you want to go? France!

Pretend you've been told you can only eat one meal every day for a week. Which meal would you choose? Ummm..... Let's see. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and biscuits. Oh, yes. Throw in a dish of black raspberry ice cream as well. And yes, I know that was Andi's favorite meal. (Except for the ice cream). I was completely shocked the first time I read what her favorite supper was, 'cause it's mine, too!

What do you especially like to help with in the kitchen? Making breakfast 

What  are you wearing today? My favorite peasant-style red dress with white flowers. Oh, and, of course, my Andi pin. 

Are you easy to talk to? Umm, I think so.

What do you have that you like to share most with others? My books :)

What makes you the most happy? A shelf stuffed with books that I haven't read yet! LOL.

Are you comfortable relating to others of all ages? Yes.

Would you like to meet Mother Teresa or Abraham Lincoln? Probably Abraham Lincoln.

Would you like to meet Ruth or Esther from the Bible? Definitely Esther!

What is your favorite movie? The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair.

What book of the Bible do you like to read the most? Psalms

What book of the Bible do you like to read the least? Leviticus
                                                       Assumptions:

You live in the country. Yup! It's country, but we're only 2 miles from town. Super arrangement!

You enjoy writing. Of course!!

You are bashful, but very friendly. I'm bashful around strangers, but once I get to know you, I can be deafening! And I hope I'm friendly? I think so :)

You are a quiet, kind, thoughtful girl with many friends. OK, I don't know about quiet, but I think I'm the rest of those things. And yes, I have a bunch of friends.

You like flowers. Yes!! Especially roses.


                               Thanks you, Ellen, Lilly, Ole & Andy, Sawyer Marie, and Annika for participating in my Q&A! I loved answering all your questions :) I'm going to try to do a Q&A every May/June. Thanks again! ~Caitlyn 






18 comments:

  1. Great job Caitlyn!!!!!!!!!!! Lavender is one of my fav colors also <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this!!!!!! "Tales from Memory Creek Ranch" is my favorite Andi book too (if you didn't know that already 😉). All your answers were so fun! Thanks for doing a Q&A! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, cool! I did not know that "Tales from Memory Creek Ranch" was your favorite Andi book :) I can't wait to read the answers to the rest of your questions!! And Sawyer Marie, I can't wait to see your answers :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Caitlyn! I loved your answers! We are similar! I am turning 12 in June, but I am going into 6th grade. I always feel like my skirt is going to fall down too XD. I don't have my own room, but we are renovating our house so we can move. I like eating at birthday parties too XD There is always snack-y food that my mom doesn't buy. I love to swim too! Your outfit sounds cute today! Whats an Andi pin? And you can enter your whole story! Do you know how you will submit it?


    ~Annika
    annikalorriane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, you said about your whole family has tick related illnesses, can I hear more about that? My mom has Lyme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so fun to read, Caitlyn! We have a lot in common. Lavender/purple is my favorite color too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annika. We live in the East, where there are a lot of ticks, and before we realised it, the whole family (except the baby) had lyme and babesia and I have Bartonella as well. It took a couple of years before we figured out what was wrong with us. You can buy Andi pins at the Circle C Shop. They're pins with Andi and Taffy on 'em. You go to 'Shop', and then 'Fun Stuff' and the pins should be right there! And yes, I know how to enter my story. I don't have it quite finished yet, though. Or wait. I have another story, that's finished and pretty short. I'll just enter that :) Thank you for commenting! ~Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Andi pin did you choose, Caitlyn? I have the CC Stepping Stones pin. 😊

      Delete
  8. Hi Ellen! I have the pin that is like the cover of The Last Ride :) When I ordered it, it said that it was the CCA Taffy Blue Shirt. Although it's not a shirt. It's a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness Caitlyn! It is hard having 1 person with Lyme in our family I can't imagine how hard it must be to have 7 people with it. Do you feel sick all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, I don't feel very sick anymore. But my sister, Annalise, and my dad do, though. My mom and little brother don't really (I think). Is your mom going to a doctor? We're going to Dr. Frid in New York City, and she helped us SOOOO much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, i'm so sorry. I'm glad you don't feel very sick. My mom went to a doctor for a while, but the doctor wouldn't charge insurance so it got to be to much money. We live on the west coast where there aren't many people who believe in Lyme so it's hard to find a doctor. My mom is trying to find a doctor. That's great that you guys found and awesome doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! You have an invite for the new Circle C Group on NaNo

    ReplyDelete
  14. So is your family Amish Caitlyn? I looked up your church denomination and it looks similar to Amish beliefs?

    ReplyDelete

Q&A Post!!

Hello! So,Ellen from  Ellen's Musings   , Caleigh from  Caleigh's Random Thoughts ,  and Lilly from  Lilly's Tidbit   are doing ...