About Caitlyn

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

From My Bookshelf

I am sick and tired of this shutdown. The libraries are closed, and I am thirsting for some new books. Instead of my weekly library trip, I have been re-reading some of my old favorites. These are the ones I have been reading this past week. Comment and let me know what some of your favorites are. And don't forget to subscribe!






1. Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
 This is my favorite book of all time! It gets a five star rating from me! Four sisters, Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy experience life's many joys and sorrows as they grow up in 19th century New England.



2. An Old-Fashioned Girl, by Louisa May Alcott
A poor country girl comes to the city to visit her friend, and discovers that being rich isn't everything.






3. The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Mary Lennox is sent to live with her queer uncle in a mansion with 100 rooms after her parents die in India. She has no friends, no happiness..... until she finds the key to a secret garden.







4. Andrea Carter and the Long Ride Home, by Susan K. Marlow
 Andi Carter loves riding her palomino mare, Taffy, on her family's huge ranch in California. But she spends too much time riding, and neglects her chores. Thirsty horses, and a forbidden, near death encounter with a wild stallion make for a very angry older brother. She decides to leave the ranch. But Taffy gets stolen! She feels she cannot return without her beloved mare. When will she find Taffy and go home?








5. Courageous Love, by Susan K. Marlow
 Another book about Andi Carter. She and two of her family members get kidnapped, and only a badly wounded man knows where they are. How will he help them?




So there you are! My 5 favorite books. That I own. I have some other books that I really like, but they are in the library. 















9 comments:

  1. Good books, Caitlyn! Yes, this shutdown can be boring, but I'm glad you're filling it up with lots of reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m reading The Secret Garden too, right now! Good choice in books 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister has read most of these books, though I haven't. I love doing and reading book posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books! lol, it looks like we like most of the same books! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you read Little Men or Jo's Boys? Those are also about Jo after she's married. They are hilarious ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read or at least heard of all these books! Love!

    ReplyDelete

Q&A Post!!

Hello! So,Ellen from  Ellen's Musings   , Caleigh from  Caleigh's Random Thoughts ,  and Lilly from  Lilly's Tidbit   are doing ...